The Ride Starts Here
Bicycle Warehouse is proud to be partnered with Sprockids, and bringing these events to kids in the San Diego area.
Sprockids leaves no kid on the sidelines, cyclists of all abilities are celebrated and invited to participate.
Sprockids was founded almost three decades ago in Canada by elementary educator Doug Detwiller; and now operates in 19 countries. Giant Bicycle and Liv Cycling are delighted to be associated with Doug and Sprockids.
Sprockids is all about involving kids in the life long sport of mountain biking, while teaching them the skills, values, and strategies to succeed in life. Sprockids is all inclusive! “Nobody Sits on the Bench” sport!
Sprockids is based on:
- Teaching four skills areas for cycling: Safety, Etiquette, Riding Skills, and Bicycle Maintenance.
- Participants progress at their own pace.
- Everyone participates.
- No one sits on the bench.
- Participants keep a record of progress and achievements.
- Leaders are trained to instruct, evaluate, and encourage young riders.
- Teaching life skills – goal setting, problem-solving, decision making.
- Using cycling to develop a healthy, positive attitude and teach learning as a lifelong activity.
- Promote positive values – respect for others, empathy, appreciation, community, and responsibility for the environment.
It’s not just for kids!
Parents, mountain biking is one of the few activities you can physically DO WITH your children. Rather than just driving them to the rink and watching you can actually participate with your children and experience the excitement of mountain biking right along with them. You will connect with your children on a very real and meaningful level while rediscovering the child within yourself.
Upcoming EventsJoin Sprockids and Bicycle Warehouse at an upcoming event.
Need more info? Send us an email and we would be happy to answer any questions. Elise@BicycleWarehouse.com