What a year it's been so far. So many changes I don't even know where to begin. Our company is coming up on it's 25th year in business which is a milestone in many ways (check out our humble beginnings here) .
First, we have to continue expressing our gratitude for your business, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Second, I'm sure you noticed the world is moving and changing at breakneck speed. In order to keep up we have to continually remake ourselves. The only thing that doesn't change is the fact that everything changes! Therefore, we are always looking for the best ways to improve with the times while not sacrificing our core business principle of creating Raving Fans.
Sure we have a love of all things cycling but that's actually the easy part.The hard part is creating a viable and sustainable company that continues to thrive in the future. We are faced with that on a daily basis. Twenty five years ago when we started the company we were exploding with excitement about getting into the bike business. Today I'm proud to say we are even more excited. We've always had an uncompromising view on taking awesome care of our Guests which has never left us. In the past we always wanted to be quiet about how we do things and just focus on delivering. Today, with the sharing and social mindset, we are bursting at the seems to share more.
Here's what we've been up to over the past year
- Development - we attended a Darren Hardy program which got us reenergized and recommitted to making our company and ourselves the best we can be. I highly suggest signing up to the Darren Daily, it's free and I guarantee it will pump you up to achieve greater things in your life, click here.
- Mission - we updated our mission, "to inspire your passion to ride so you enjoy more freedom, fitness and fun". It's front and center and now drives everything we are doing.
- Team - we redesigned our entire hiring and training process to get the right people on the bus and to give them the tools to succeed at creating Raving Fans
- Roles - as the owners of the company we redefined our roles to work more "on" the company while empowering our team to deliver the mission. We promoted long time team member Ulyssis to be our new General Manager
- Image - we redesigned our logo, upgraded our signage, remodeled stores, moved 2 stores and even created a new website
- Growth - we opened a new store in Carmel Mountain
- Gx - we started a Guest Experience initiative that drives everything we do to be focused on delivering better service.
- New Services - we started taking bike Trade-Ins. We just launched our rewards program giving 5% back on all purchases and we started offering concierge delivery for bikes purchased on-line.
- ESOP - we created an employee stock ownership plan. We determined if we want our team to act like owners we should make them owners.
This was actually the short version. There's lot's more, stay tuned and we'll keep you updated in future posts Thanks for listening and thanks for the opportunity to keep being of service. We love all of you.
Mike & Debbe
Founders and Owners
P.S. - We always appreciate feedback. It's our primary fuel for improvement. Give it to us straight, Debbe@BicycleWarehouse.com
Taking the hassles out of shopping by going mobile.
The most precious commodity we have today is our time. Mo...
New Bike Day December
Cherie picked up a Liv Thrive a few months ago from our T...
Smiling Jesse Blazing A Trail
This month we are giving you a brief glimpse in the life ...