Come join the good fight against a boring life
Position - Store Team Member
Function - In store retail sales
What's great about this job
- We get to serve people (always a noble profession 👍)
- We get to inspire passion for riding so our Guests enjoy more freedom, fitness and fun 🎉
- It's hard work (which builds character and a strong work ethic 💪)
- It's fun (how can you not have fun being around bikes and people all day 😃)
What the job entails
- Engaging with a diverse group of Guests who ride at all skill levels
- Becoming a trusted advisor to our Guests so they want to continue doing business and refer their family & friends.
- Becoming an expert on all the features and benefits of all our product
- Becoming an expert at our GEAR sales process for selling all of our Bikes, Accessories, Clothing, Parts, Maintenance and Services.
- Continual merchandising and cleaning for our stores to keep them visually appealing.
- Service writing bicycles for maintenance and repairs
- Becoming proficient at using all our software (point of sale, website and Guest Relationship)
- Using our core values to continually improve our Guest experiences: service, integrity, teamwork, improvement and fun.
What results to expect
- Raving Fans - when you do it right you will get great feedback from our Guests. They will Rave about the level of service they receive from you
- Sales - when you do it right your sales will far exceed of your sales goal of $200 per hour
- Personal Pay - better performance equals better pay.
- Referrals - when you do it right you get lot's of referrals from the Raving Fans you created
What you get
- Base pay - $15 per hour
- Incentive pay
- Sales over $200/hour earn 5% on parts, accessories, clothes and labor.
- Team Bonus - each store has monthly sales goals. When the store hits their monthly goals each team member of the store earns an extra bonus.
- Paid Time Off - each year you get 5 days of earned sick leave along with extra vacation days (up to 10 days total)
- Purchase Discounts - be able to purchase your cycling product at great discounts.
- Health Insurance - 50% paid by Bicycle warehouse
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - basically it's a profit sharing program that allows the company to share a percentage of the profits with the vested team members.
What else do you need
- Cycling passion and experience - you have to ride a bike regularly and be totally passionate about it.
- Selling experience - 2 years of selling and retail experience (or equivalent), something that translates easily to selling bikes, gear and service.
- The ability to lift bicycles onto display racks above your head
- The ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours a day on concrete floors
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings until 7:30pm
- The ability to have fun and inspire others to ride their bike
- If you are just looking for a job, please do not apply. Sorry to be so blunt but it will save us both a bunch of time and effort if we part ways now versus learning it won't work out shortly down the road.
- If you are looking for career oriented employment and it all sounds like a great fit for you, then we are excited to have you apply by answering the questions below 😀 🚴 ✅