Join Our Team
Now you get to learn a bit about us:
Step 1: Learn About our Mission
- OUR VISION - To empower people Worldwide to enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle from environmentally sound activities.
- OUR MISSION - "Inspiring your passion to ride so you enjoy more freedom, fitness and fun".
- BELIEF - We exist to serve our Guests
- INTEGRITY - We strive for a climate of trust as a result of honest business practices in all our relationships.
- EXCELLENCE - We are committed to continually getting better at all that we do.
- TEAMWORK - We are interdependent and recognize that we are stronger because of it.
- WORKPLACE - We have fun and deliver fun.
Step 2: Learn About our Process
- "Guest" is what we call the people we serve and we always treat them as though they are a guest in our home
- "GEAR" is the process we use to deliver our mission and commitments
- "G" stands for GET INVOLVED, making a connection with our Guest.
- Create a welcoming environment, smile and greet everyone
- Never say no to a Guest or ask "yes or no" questions
- Approach them when they show interest in something
- "E" stands for EDIT, connecting our product to our Guest
- Build credibility and rapport by asking great opne ended questions
- Listen twice as much as you speak
- Forecast by telling our Guest what you are doing
- Move away from items our Guest doesn't want and get agreement on the right product
- "A" stands for APPEAL, connecting our Guest to the product
- Create the feeling of ownership
- FBI - give features, benefits and imagery
- Try it on for size
- Process concerns
- Get agreement
- "R" stands for RELATIONSHIP, connecting our Guest to us
- Prepare for the adventure
- What else is needed - apparel, accessories, service
- Ring up sale with Guest info
- Thank them for their business
- Help load
Step 3: Get acquainted with our compensation
We recognize our team members are the most valuable part of our business. Our goal is to offer the best compensation in our industry so we attract the most talented people. In order to do this we need team members who are high performing contributors to growing our business and serving our Guests.
Here is what we offer:
- Base pay - sales team members start @ a base pay of $11.50 per hour.
- Incentive pay - as your performance goes up so does your incentive pay. You can earn up to 2% on all bike sales and up to 8% on all parts, accessories, clothing and labor sales.
- Bonus - we offer monthly and annual bonus' based on achieving sales goals.
- Team Leader Bonus - we offer extra bonus as a percentage of sales to the store Team Leaders.
- Spiffs -
- dinner outings for stores that hit their goals
- lunch gift cards for Raving Fan posts
- trophies for excellent performance
- extra incentive pay for highlighted product (sales contests)
- product spiffs from vendors
- Paid Time Off - up to 18 days per year for senior team members
- Product - purchase discounts
- Training - in sales, business management, personal development and alike
- Commuting - we pay $.25 per mile to ride your bike to work.
- Insurance - we offer health insurance through Health Net which is 50% paid by the company
- Gear - we provide company work shirts.
- Referral bonus - we pay you to refer other excellent team members. We pay up to $1,000 for each person you refer who passes their 90 day training period.
- ESOP - we fund an "Employee Stock Option Plan" for team members when the company is profitable.
- Promotion - we continually groom team members for promotions to grow and prosper within the company
If joining our company as a new team member still sounds exciting, click the link in the questionnaire we sent you in the last email.
Cheers from the whole team here at Bicycle Warehouse.