Techniques to Start Riding at a Stand Sill
Check to see the path is clear to start
1. Begin with the chain in the middle chainring and in the middle or upper position on the rear cogs
2. Slightly angle the bike across the trail on uphill while pointing downhill starts to help level the bike
3. Lightly apply brakes to hold the bike in place
4. Position the downhill or dominant leg's pedal at about the 1 o'clock position
5. Stand in a tripod position
Simultaneously push down on the pedal, sit on the saddle, and being pedaling you might wobble for a few seconds but keep pedaling as you build up momentum you should shift into a higher gear.
It's Your World, Ride it!