Santa Cruz Nomad 4 CC (2018)
This awesome bike comes with these delivery options:
Note: our vendor does not permit us to ship bicycles directly to you in a box. Click here for more details and options.
The fourth generation design sees a dramatic shift to the lower-link mounted shock configuration. This is the first time that learnings from years of V10 development have translated across to one of our trail bikes.
The shock rate is now almost completely linear—which means feather-light small bump sensitivity right off the bat, a supportive midstroke and overall progression that you'd normally only experience on a DH bike. To keep the gravity vibe going we've ensured the Nomad can run both standard metric coil shocks and lighter air units to suit any preference.
Full shock compatibility creates challenges when trying to cram everything into the precious bottom bracket area. But the continued evolution of our carbon tech means we're able to create a svelte, strong, swingarm/front triangle combo that's as much art as it is engineering.
We even managed to squeeze in a flip-chip feature on the lower link too. Think of the high setting as "regular", the way the bike's mostly meant to be ridden, and the low setting as being closer to full on DH status.
To handle all this new-found capability the geometry has adapted too. It's longer and lower-slung than ever to ensure maximum stability and confidence on absolutely everything.
The whole package is crowned with a raft of subtle yet essential details. Bolt-on downtube protectors and shuttle guards act as a helmet for your frame—a replaceable front line against abuse. An integrated shock fender has also been added to keep crud out of the suspension.
The crowning glory of the Nomad, however, has been in the making longer than the frame itself: the all new Santa Cruz Reserve carbon wheels. Spec'd on all the model year 2018 bikes, you can read more about how these wheels came into being right here.
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 170mm VPP™ suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Bolt-on shuttle guard and downtube protector
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Forged upper and lower links
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- Internal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cables
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Recessed lower link protected from rock strikes
- Single grease port on lower link for swift and easy maintenance
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Carbon CC
- RockShox Lyric RCT3 170
- RockShox Super Deluxe Air RCT
- Super Deluxe Coil RCT
- SRAM X01 Eagle
- SRAM X01 Eagle
- SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon 30T
- SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50T
- SRAM X01 Eagle 12 SPD
- SRAM Code RSC
- Avid Centerline 180mm
- Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Santa Cruz Bicycles AM Carbon Bar 35x800
- Race Face Aeffect R 50mm
- Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- DT 350 15x110mm 28H Torque Cap Front Hub
- DT 350 148x12 28h Rear Hub XD
- E13 TRS+ 27.5 28h 30mm
- Santa Cruz Reserve 30 Carbon Rim
- DT Competition (28)
- Maxxis Minion 27.5x2.50 DHF 3C EXO TR
- Maxxis Minion 27.5x2.40 DHR II EXO TR
- Stans Sealant 2oz
- RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Sapim Secure Lock AL Silver Nipples (28)
- WTB Silverado Pro