Santa Cruz Bronson C S Kit (2017)
This awesome bike comes with these delivery options:
Note: our vendor does not permit us to ship bicycles directly to you in a box. Click here for more details and options.
When Santa Cruz introduced Bronson, it took the market by storm, redefining what people expected from a 150mm trail bike. Equally at home in the Trans-Provence as it was on The Ridge, updating and improving it was going to be no small feat.
The most visible upgrade is the completely new VPP® link arrangement. The lower link tucks neatly above the bottom bracket, fully-recessed and protected from impacts. Meanwhile the box-section upper link now mounts cleanly to the top tube and enhances lateral stiffness as a result. Shock rate’s been refined in the process too, delivering greater small bump sensitivity and a more progressive mid-stroke.
Geometry has also evolved subtly to meet demand from riders for a bike of this ilk. The seat tube angle’s been steepened, placing the rider right above the cranks and perfectly in position to lay down the power. Meanwhile a one-degree slacker 66 degree head tube angle combines with a 20-25mm longer top tube and shorter chainstay length to create an evermore rally-ready geometry than its predecessor.
By using a slightly-less-expensive carbon fiber, Santa Cruz was able to put performance within reach of more riders than ever before, lifting the race pace of World Cup athletes and privateers alike. The stiffness, durability, and strength are identical between the two materials, but the C-level carbon weighs in at about 280 grams more than the top-end, CC carbon.
- Frame Material Carbon C
- Fork Rock Shox Pike RC 150 Solo Air
- Shock Rock Shox Monarch RT
- Rear Dérailleur SRAM GX 1x11
- Shifters SRAM GX
- Chainring Size 32 Tooth
- Crankset Race Face Aeffect AL
- Bottom Bracket Included w/ crankset
- Cassette SRAM XG1150 10-42
- Chain SRAM PC1130
- Brakes SRAM Guide R
- Brake Rotors Avid Centerline; 180mm
- Headset Cane Creek 40 series tapered, cartridge bearing
- Bars Race Face Chester, 785mm, 35mm clamp
- Stem Raceface Turbine Basic 35mm clamp
- Grips Santa Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
- Front Hub Novatec D541 Torque Cap; 15x110mm
- Rear Hub Novatec D542; 12x148mm; 32h
- Rims Race Face AR27
- Spokes DT Swiss Champion
- Front Tire Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR; 27.5x2.3
- Rear Tire Maxxis Minion DHR2 TR; 27.5x2.3
- Tubes Stans Sealant
- Seat Post Rockshox Reverb Stealth; 31.6x125mm (S), 150mm (M-L), 170mm (XL)
- Saddle WTB Volt Race