Look Keo Blade Road Pedals
The Blade brings together all the benefits of a blade pedal: crisper in and out clipping, better foot support for more security, aerodynamic shape and low weight (compared to a conventional spring system). The platform contact area has been enlarged, providing excellent pedaling stability.
The Blade body and blade are built from composite material. This substance makes the production of a range of less rigid blades possible – 08 to 12 -, for a cleat engagement and release feel that falls between a metal spring and a carbon blade pedal.
Blade technology uses a blade instead of a conventional metal spring, which has many advantages for the user:
- Safe cleat entry/ release: the blade flexes, providing a firm hold once clipped-in, and when clipping-out, releases the foot faster at the end of the process in a quick and secure movement.
- An aerodynamic shape: thanks to the integration of the blade inside the body, pedals equipped with BLADE technology have the best aerodynamic shape ever created.
- Low weight: the design of the pedal around a blade system allows a significant reduction in weight and better load distribution.
The Blade Carbon pedal spindle was designed to obtain a very low stack height: only 13mm. It uses a needle bearing cartridge installed in a central position for better stress resistance while pedaling and two spaced out ball bearings which distribute the load, providing increased rigidity between the body and the length of the spindle guaranteeing excellent rotational speed.
- USAGE Regular rider to Competitive
- BODY Composite
- AXLE Chromoly steel +
- THREADING 9/16 X 20 mm
- BEARINGS2 ball bearings, 1 needle bearing cartridge
- PEDAL STACK HEIGHT 14 mm
- DISTANCE PEDAL SPINDLE / CRANK ARM 53 mm
- CONTACT SURFACE AREA 400 mm²
- FLOAT 2 types of composite blades: 8 and 12
- CLEATS Kéo Grip Cleats Grey
- ANGULAR MOVEMENT 0 °, 4.5 ° or 9 ° according to the cleat color (Black, Grey, Red)
- PEDAL WEIGHT 120 gr (308 gr per pair with cleats and screws)
- COLORS Black or White
- ACCESSORIES A pair of Grey Kéo Grip cleats + screws
- GUARANTY 2 years