Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2018)
Pickup & Delivery Options
- Free In Store Pickup, our guests' favorite.
- Concierge Delivery, available in most of Southern California.
Note: Giant/Liv & Santa Cruz do not allow their bicycles shipped directly to you in a box. Click here for more details and options.
Stay smooth, even on rough rides. This endurance road bike is purpose-built for your longest, hardest rides.
This lightweight Advanced-grade composite frame features endurance geometry and engineered compliance for a smooth, high-performance ride. Its tube shapes are optimized to absorb road shocks and vibrations, yet they’re still stiff in ways that matter—for pedaling efficiency and precise, stable handling. It’s actually crafted with specific carbon layups to give it just the right feel. And integrated disc-brake technology, featuring flat mounts and 12mm thru-axles front and rear, gives you added control in all types of weather and road conditions.
- Advanced-grade composite frame with D-Fuse composite seatpost
- Advanced-grade composite fork with alloy/composite hybrid OverDrive steerer
- Shimano 105/Ultegra 11-speed componentry
- Giant Conduct hydraulic disc brakes
- Giant PR-2 disc wheelset with Giant Gavia AC 1 tubeless tires
|Colors||Carbon Smoke/ Yellow/ Charcoal, Neon Red/ Blue/ Black|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, Alloy OverDrive Steerer|
|Seatpost||Giant D-Fuse Composite|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Brakes||Giant Conduct Hydraulic Disc Brake|
|Brake Levers||Shimano 105|
|Cassette||Shimano Ultegra, 11x34|
|Crankset||Shimano FC-RS510, 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano, PressFit RS500|
|Rims||Giant P-R2 Disc, 12mm Thru-Axle|
|Hubs||Giant P-R2 Disc, 12mm Thru-Axle|
|Spokes||Giant P-R2 Disc, 12mm Thru-Axle|
|Tires||Giant Gavia AC 1 Tubeless, 700x25, Folding|