Pearl Izumi Men's Pro Road v5 Road Bike shoes
In Pearl Izumi's quest to make the best-performing shoe possible, they used less, reducing the amount of material for the upper as well as the full carbon-fiber sole. Re-engineering the sole was a 24-month process, during which they worked to concentrate carbon only where needed, resulting in a 22% weight savings over the previous plate. The sock-like fully knit upper means Pearl Izumi can tune each zone for the right level of flexibility and retention, plus there’s no waste from trimming; they use it exactly as it is finished. And by bonding nearly all of the seams, they have created a shoe that weighs less and offers greater comfort due to less bulk. To top it off, the knitted upper features our water-shedding PI Dry® technology, which has the added benefit of reducing stains from road spray."
FEATURES + BENEFITS
- Fully knitted upper provides zonal stretch, high breathability and reduces waste
- 1:1® PRO Air Carbon Power Plate drops weight and adds ventilation, without sacrificing stiffness
- PI Dry® permanent water-shedding technology applied to upper
- Dual Boa® IP1 reels allow 1-mm micro-adjustability, and pop up for full release
- Dual density 1:1 footbed is ergonomically designed to provide optimal support, pedaling efficiency and comfort