Knog Oi Bike Bell
Bike bells generally look & sound a bit ugly. But why? What if they looked sexy & sounded like an angel playing a glockenspiel? A bell with a beautiful tone, but also a remarkable style and choice of materials that embodies a rider’s personality.
- The Large Oi fits 23.8 to 31.8mm bars e.g. drop bar road bikes and some cruiser / commuters.
- The Small Oi fits 22.2mm bars e.g Mountain bike (near the grips), BMX & some old commuters.
- The Oi bell's shape originates from its home - the handle bar. Our design team explored hundreds of iterations in designing the style. Then tested and prototyped different widths, depths, materials, curvature, actuators, springs and more to get to the optimum design.
- Where bells usually protrude up or out, Oi doesn’t. It appears to hover around the handle bars. In one sense, it's discreet. But in another, it stands out as unrecognizable.
- Knog tested numerous prototypes to get the perfect pitch, length of ring, and volume. With a spring-loaded actuator built into the mount, the strike of the bell is firm and fast, allowing a good balance of volume and longevity of sound. Our bell actually has several pitch tones - one core and several supportive higher tones to ensure it's unmistakable and safely heard. To compare it to a musical instrument, where some bells play a single note, Oi plays a chord.
- What about the handle-bar cables? No worries. Built into the shape of the mount is a cable management system. So not only does it allow the bell to look and sound uninterrupted, it also helps gather your cables (for the organiser inside us all).