How much food and water should I eat?
Rules of thumb for eating and drinking while riding:
1. Drink before, during and after a ride.
2. Take on small drink about every 15 minutes
3. Aim to drink 1 bottle per hour.
4. Snack before, during and after a ride.
5. Aim for 30 to 60 grams of carbohydrate per hour of riding
6. Don't wait to get hungry or thirsty to eat or drink, take frequent sips and nibbles.
Symptoms of bonking:
Feeling sick, weak or out of energy
Dizziness or light headedness
Tunnel vision and disorientation
Anxiety or nervousness
Irritability, anger or hostility
Feeling sad or depressed
Put a Halt to It: If you feel these symptoms it's time to snack and drink