Big Bear Opens Memorial Day Weekend
Opening weekend is here for the Downhill Bike Park in Big Bear
Getting Started - here's what's available
- Adventure Academy - Backyard Demo Beginner area with many of the obstacles riders will encounter in the Bike Park, i.e., pavers, rocks, wood features, and small berms. Designed for riders to try out rental bikes or warm up before taking on more advanced terrain.
- Small Wonder Modest gravity fed trail (1/2 mi.) with all of the features riders will find in the Bike Park. This trail has an organic single track feel with little pedaling or breaking required. Located at the end of Turtle Trail and accessible from the top of Chair 4.
- Skill Builder Park Beginner area packed full introductory wood features, small jumps, and berms. Located next to Small Wonder and accessible from Chair 4.
- Going Green Top to bottom beginner trail (4 mi.) with gentle, sweeping berms, minimal pedaling or breaking, and picturesque lake views.
- Blue Line Shake off the winter blues or learn to hit bigger jumps on our beginner jump line.
- Pro Line Our advanced jump line, featuring big hits, gaps, and log drops. Located in the base area with tons of spectators to cheer you on.
- Mulch Jump A scaffolding roll-in and two matching take offs – one launches into wood chips and the other sends riders onto a matching dirt landing. Perfect for learning new tricks.
- Pump Tracks This summer they plan on building two different pump track zones. One track will be a beginner loop that will teach you the basic fundamentals of a pump track. Perfect for the first time user or the grom that wants to fly around on his\her push bike. The other pump track will actually be a dual\ mirror track where we will hold head to head pump track races all summer long.
- Turtle Trail A 2 ½ mile intermediate trail, super flowy with big berms, rollers and beautiful lake views. The perfect step in progression from going green. Great for dialing in suspension or getting used to your demo/rental bike.
- Finish Line Fall line is actually an offsite trail but is accessible from the top of chair one or two. This is a more single track, hand built trail, that has a bit more of a technical feel. Fall line is rated Blue\Black with a few higher intermediate sections that prepare you to tackle the Black trails in the park. Although offsite, this trail was built and designed by the same highly trained trail crew so it has the same bike park feel as all of the onsite trails.
Time to Rip
- Party Wave Party Wave is a fast flowy jump trail that merges onto miracle mile or turtle trail near the bottom. So the upper section is chalked full of jumps, bumps, rollers, and berms giving you the option at the bottom to get into the technical features on miracle mile or the flowy turns of turtle.
- Westridge Starting ¼ of a mile downhill from the beginning of party wave, Westridge is our signature jump trail. Hosting over 45 jump features from top to bottom, it is a nonstop, action packed trail filled with every type of bike park feature you could imagine.
- Miracle Mile This trail pays homage to the old school downhill trails of our past. It is highly technical in spots, but also takes a more modern bike park design as far as flow and jumps go. It is the perfect combination of old school tech with modern day flow. Incredibly fun and fast with tons of features thrown in to liven it all up!
Bike Park Trail Map
Have a mobile device? Download the Snow Summit Mobile App to get the Bike Park trail map in the palm of your hand.